The AAT Gravity Chair:
- Promotes a low centre of gravity to allow a naturally aligned posture.
- Reduces anxiety by providing sensory feedback.
- Alleviates the discomfort of spasm and involuntary movement.
- Enhances fine motor control activities and the independent use of hand-held devices.
- Provides a safe and comfortable ‘time-out’ solution for children with challenging behaviour.
- Can be used as a safe and non-restrictive seating option to ease deformities and contractures.
The AAT Gravity Chair is a specially designed foam positioning system which offers support, sensory feedback and stability to children and adults with a range of disabilities. It promotes a low centre of gravity in the user, which naturally encourages a stable seated position, and has high arm rests and snug-fitting lateral supports to enhance a feeling of safety, security and well-being. By allowing users to sit comfortably and independently, the Gravity Chair can bring more confidence and freedom to daily lives. It’s lightweight, very portable and comes in four sizes.
A wedge mat is provided with the Gravity Chair, to allow optimum positioning of the head, trunk and legs. The wedge can be put under the front, back – or even under one of the sides – to allow users to sit more upright, more reclined, or to assist to gain a more aligned posture when deformities and contractures are present. This allows the Gravity Chair to be used for relaxation, to facilitate social interaction, to enhance engagement, attention and concentration and to enable the independent use of laptops, tablets and console games whilst maintaining good posture. find out more